Hi, and welcome to Pocket Frogs Wiki, the free encyclopedia about Pocket Frogs that anyone can edit.
While you are here, please browse our pages and if you notice some information that needs updating, please create an account and make any changes that are necessary. After you have created an account, please also visit our Community Portal, where the Pocket Frogs community comes together to organize and discuss projects for the wiki.
September 20, 2017
Finally the new update is out for iOS too!
Run to the App Store and grab it! ^^
There are still some little things that need to be fixed, like the Froggydex "scrolling-memory" issue and the Weekly Sets not working after the Beta. Also, if you give potions to a baby (or teen) frog it doesn't grow further when 100% happiness are reached. But Support told me that there will come another small update to fix all those little issues.
Happy Hopping!, OnkelOhio (talk) 08:53, September 20, 2017 (UTC)
September 6, 2017
The new update is out for Android (2.3.3 or higher)
At the moment I am beta-testing the new update version for iOS (7 or higher).
The most important changes I can expose so far:
- Savegames will be restored from the NimbleBit's servers. After more than 1 year of waiting and hoping I finally got my old Lv.32 game back. They obviously fixed those old and well known problems for players from outside the US, like me!
- Synchronysing several devices is not supported (yet?), but if you make a fresh install on a new device your current progress can be restored from the servers.
- The new game doesn't use GameCenter anymore.
- Adding friends and sharing frogs and items is now possible again for ALL of us, no matter if on Android or iOS!
Each player now gets a personal ingame ID code, consisting of numbers and letters, which can be shared over the internet and this wikia. With these codes you can add other players and you can even give them unique names for your friends list.
- Quote from Support: Catalog, Awards and Mini Games are not planned to make it in the new version but it is a possibility at some point in the future.The programer spent over 9 months porting Pocket Frogs to this point. With the iOS 11 deadline quickly approaching some features had to be cut to make sure the app was out before the old one was lost with the iOS 11 update.
- Weekly Sets are still available, but it may happen that you have to start from scratch.
- We can now purchase up to 32 Habitats!
OnkelOhio (talk) 12:15, September 6, 2017 (UTC)
August 28, 2017
Update news. Beta version for Android. Message from NimbleBit.
We are still working on it and plan to have the update out before iOS 11 launches (the iOS update that will break the current version). We're having to completely re-port the app which takes quite a bit of work. A bit of good news is that with this re-write the app will allow us to make the game compatible with Android again. We just put up a beta version of the new app on the Google Play store yesterday.
If all goes well that version will also launch on iOS shortly.
One downside, Game Center is being completely removed from the app so unfortunately if your progress is not on your device when you update to the new version you wont be able to recover it. NimbleBit Support
Please leave requests for Admin on my talk page. DalekCaan1 (talk) 17:15, March 22, 2014 (UTC)
Version 2.1.0 released:
- Added FOUR new Legendary breeds!
- Fixed crash when sharing a frog on the iPad
Nimblebit has released the final weekly set. Nimblebit announcement
Android Version 2.0 released.
Version 2.0 released (iOS only - Android pending):
- iPhone 5 support!
- 46 New frog breeds to collect!
- Share frogs on twitter and Facebook!
- Added game backups and gifting through Game Center
- Removed plus+ network due to lack of support
Version 1.2.1 released:
- Added error checking to prevent sets from crashing
- Improved Pro Shop connectivity
- Optimized game sounds
Version 1.2 released:
- Expanded the number of available Habitats to 16
- Made past Weekly Sets available to complete
- Added more special frog breeds (available on certain dates in Frog Mart)
- Fixed an issue stopping sound effects
- Froggydex now saves your scroll position
- Fixed issue with losing friends
The ten new breeds (level) are: Geminus (7), Bulla (8), Orbis (9), Obaro (10), Persona (11), Vinaceus (12), Gyrus (13), Trivium (14), Bulbus (15), Signum (16)
Version 1.1.1 released:
- Promotional frogs now appear in Frog Mart
- Frog Mart now stocks frogs in more colors
- New backgrounds and scenery
- Added input delay to gift accept dialog
- Optimized game startup
Promotional frogs cost potions
October the 6th was the first day that the new Wikia layout is visible for viewers on all wikis. If you have been following the recent staff blogs, you will know what this means. If not, then I suggest you go check it out now: Continue reading
PFW Catalogue Manager has been updated to 1.3. This update has expanded the capacity to 114 rows to record frogs in your catalogue, nursery and all 7 habitats (if required). The two new awards (Jack-O-Lantern and Tribal) have also been added.
1.0.4 was released today bringing in Game Centre! We are also looking for contributors to our Database of Species Values. If you are interested, please click on the link and request access on the website.
- To request access to the database: With the database open in google docs, there is a "share" button in the upper right hand corner. A window will pop up for Sharing Settings that states:
"You can't add people, but you can ask the owner to do so. A request to expand sharing has been sent to the owner of this document. Edit the list of people who would like access and click Share. There are currently no collaborators, but you can add people to share with here. Ask owner to share with:"
Enter your e-mail address in the textbox to request access to the document.
Version 22.214.171.124 released (IOS 4.0 Tested). "Our sincere apologies to those affected by the bug in the 1.0.8 update."
From the Nimblebit Forums: Pocket Frogs is currently unavailable in the App Store due to a major bug in the latest update. We have already submitted a fix and hope for it to be back up on the store soon.
Topic set by ChanServ on Thu Dec 02 2010 20:05:32 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
Great News! We have just updated the PFW Catalogue Manager to show you if the frog you have catalogued is part of an award!
Its here! The Pocket Frogs Wiki Catalogue Manager is now available to download. Use it to optimise the frogs saved in your catalogue and delete duplicate attributes! It even tells you which ones you are missing so that you know the frogs to add! The Catalogue Manager has been added to the "Downloads Section" in the menu bar.